5 benefits of big analytics for Asian corporations | Enterprise Innovation.
Revolution Analytics’ Senior Advisor for Products and Strategy (and former CEO) Norman Nie writes about the “Five Benefits of Big Analytics”. Norman makes the argument that while sampling and aggregation are often useful ways of handling very large data sets for statistical analysis, there are nonetheless several situations where using all of the data in the analysis is beneficial and/or important. They include situations where you need to:
- Make Predictions with Data Mining
- Deploy More Powerful Predictive Models
- Find and Understand Rare Events
- Extract and Analyze “Low-Incidence Populations”
- Move Beyond “Statistical Significance”